The following types of downtown events and festivals will be considered:
- Events and festivals that take place within the boundaries of the Business Improvement Area (BIA)
- Events and festivals that provide visibility to the downtown area and that add vitality to the downtown community
- Events and festivals that provide programs or activities for families
- Events and festivals that promote the downtown merchants and businesses
- Events and festivals that are economic generators for the BIA stakeholders
Funding priority will be given to nonprofit and not for profit organizations. All considerations will be awarded within the DMCI Events & Festivals budget. Successful applicants will be eligible to receive a grant of up to a maximum of $1500. DMCI will consider services provided by its staff as in-kind contributions (this could include but is not limited to installation of banners, promotion on our website and social media).
Funding requests for banquets, conferences, and fundraising activities will be limited to in-kind contributions only (these will be limited to promotion on our social media).
All funding requests must be made at least 30 days prior to the event or festival. Grants will be given on a first-come first-serve basis, they will be valid for the current year only, and they will not be subject to automatic renewal.