- Population of the City of Moncton : 71,889 (Moncton Downtown Evaluation 2017).
- Greater Moncton (Metro) population: 144,810 (Moncton Downtown Evaluation 2017).
- Downtown properties bring in 14% of the tax revenue for the city.
- Just under 4000 people live downtown (approximately 5% of the city’s total population). (Statistics Canada 2015).
- Greater Moncton “catchment” area within 3 hour drive: 1.4 million people.
- Downtown Moncton is 2.15 square kilometres in size. Main Street runs 1.6 kilometres in length through the downtown, from Vaughan Harvey Blvd. on the west to King Street on the east. St. George Street runs parallel to Main Street and is home to a mix of restaurants, boutique retail and services firms.
- The total assessed value of downtown properties is $696.7 million. Source: Downtown Moncton Evaluation 2017.
- Downtown Moncton represents only 1.5% of the City of Moncton’s land area but the total tax revenue from the downtown in 2015 was $26.2 million or 14% of the tax revenue for the City. (Sources: Downtown Moncton Evaluation 2017).
- There are approximately 1009 businesses within the boundaries of the downtown (Source: Downtown Moncton Evaluation 2017).
- Downtown working population: Approximately 20,000.
Major industries downtown
- Financial services: Medavie Blue Cross, Assumption Life, Louisbourg Investments, RBC, Manulife Financial, TD Financial, National Bank, Investors Group
- Professional services: Hudson Design, Grant Thornton, KPMG, Deloitte, M5, Architecture 2000, Architects4
- Software development: Lymbix, Gogii Games
- Customer service: Exxon Mobil, BBM, Rogers Communications, Asurion
- Legal services: Actus Law, McInnes Cooper, Stewart McKelvey, Cox & Palmer
- Public sector: Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, City of Moncton, federal and provincial government offices
- Accommodation: Delta Beauséjour, Residence Inn, Crowne Plaza, Chateau Moncton
- Retail: A mix of small local shops and brand name retailers
Restaurants, cafés and bars
- There are approximately 3,000 restaurant, bar and café seats in Downtown Moncton.
Major office buildings downtown
- Blue Cross Building, 644 Main Street – 260,000 square feet
- Assumption Place, 770 Main Street – 254,000 square feet
- Heritage Court, 95 Foundry Street – 215,000 square feet
- Moncton Law Courts Building – 135,000 square feet
- Tangerine Building, 1234 Main Street – 122,000 square feet
- Community Peace Centre – 80,000 square feet
- Atlantic Place, 922 Main Street – 75,000 square feet
- Commerce House, 236 St. George Street – 50,000 square feet
Major downtown tenants
- Assumption Mutual Life (Assumption Place)
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (Blue Cross Building)
- Atlantic Lottery
- Bell Aliant
- Bureau of Broadcast Measurement
- Chateau Moncton
- City of Moncton (City Hall)
- Crowne Plaza Hotel
- Delta Beausejour Hotel
- Government of Canada
- Medavie Blue Cross (Blue Cross Building)
- Province of New Brunswick
- Residence Inn by Marriott
- Rogers Communications
- Times & Transcript/Brunswick News
Downtown residential population
- Just under 4,000 people live downtown (Source: Downtown Moncton Evaluation 2017).
- 47 percent of the residential units are houses and 53 percent are apartments (Source: Canada Post residential counts 2013).
- Single family homes prices in the downtown range from $100,000 to $375,000 (Source. MLS May 2013)
- New condominiums range in price from $139,000 to $199,000 (Source. MLS May 2013)
Residential population within 1 mile of downtown: 15,000*
Residential population within 2 miles of downtown: 40,000*
Residential population within 3 miles of downtown: 65,000*
2022 BIA levy: $0.16 per $100. assessment