Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Downtown Moncton Centre-ville Inc.
Downtown Moncton Centre-ville Inc. (DMCI) is searching for our next Marketing & Communications Coordinator. Since 1977, DMCI has supported Downtown Moncton in revitalizing and growing the business community. DMCI is seeking a skilled, motivated individual with the proven ability to build relationships, create and execute Marketing and Communications strategies and support the business community.
Working in a team environment, reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Marketing & Communications Coordinator’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain a strong rapport with all member businesses & stakeholders;
- Develop and implement an annual Marketing and Communications Strategy;
- Create a communication strategy to inform DMCI members and our partners about important events and activities that will impact downtown.
- Work with related economic development partners to strengthen the position of DMCI;
- Create and implement a comprehensive and detailed marketing/communications budget;
- Negotiate and coordinate all sales media, cooperative advertising packages and all promotional publications;
- Effectively prepare media releases as required;
- Continuously develop and maintain an effective database – e-mail lists;
- Other administrative duties as required.
- Experience providing communications advice, guidance, and services to an organization;
- Experience preparing marketing/communications plans, press releases and correspondences;
- Experience managing projects and events;
- Experience in print and multi-media production (Facebook, Instagram, Mail Chimp);
- Experience in writing original communications materials;
- Knowledge of communications/marketing processes and practices.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL SETS REQUIRED:
- This position requires a person who is an outgoing, self-motivated individual who will work part of a team;
- Thorough knowledge of computers and associated programs required to function at a high level in the position;
- Must have above average verbal and written skills in both official languages;
- Capable of prioritizing multi tasks in an organized and effective manner;
- Must have a minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in marketing, communications or related field;
- University degree or college diploma in a communication and/or marketing-related area of study.
- Salary Range: $45,000 – $55,000;
- Vacation entitlement: Less than 5 complete years of service is granted two weeks of paid vacation per annum;
- Benefit package: Health and Life Insurance program and matching RRSP program.
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter outlining your skills to email@example.com by September 1st, 2022.