DMCI may help sponsor the following downtown events:
- Events and festivals that take place within the boundaries of the BIA (Business Improvement Area)
- Events and festivals that provide visibility to the downtown Area and that add vitality to the downtown Community
- Events and festivals that provide programs or activities for families.
- Events and festivals that promote the downtown merchants and businesses.
- Events and festivals that are economic generators for the BIA stakeholders.
- The downtown portion tied to major events that take place outside the BIA, i.e. the CFL, FIFA and Canadian Track and Field Championships. These events add vitality to the downtown all the while attracting people and visitors to its hotels, retailers and restaurants.
Funding priority will be given to nonprofit and not for profit organizations and all considerations will be awarded within the DMCI Events & Festivals budget. DMCI will consider services provided by its staff as in-kind contributions (this would include but is not limited to: installation of banners, promotion on our website and social media).
Funding requests for fundraising activities will be limited to in-kind contributions only (this would include but is not limited to: installation of banners, promotion on our website and social media).
All funding requests must be accompanied by a Funding Request Form and returned to DMCI via fax (506-857-2908), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in person (140-770 Main Street) no later than March 29, 2019. Please allow at least 30 days for processing and approval. All grants are valid for the current year only. They are not subject to automatic renewal.