Road closure on Albert Street – Between Euston Street and Foundry Street
The City of Moncton wishes to advise the motoring public that Albert Street, between Euston Street and Foundry Street, will be closed to through traffic from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. on Thursday, October 18, weather permitting.
This closure is necessary to allow for the installation of a water main connection on Albert Street. Detours will be in place and delays are to be expected in the area as traffic will be slowed.
The City apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciates the patience and cooperation of residents and the motoring public.
Street closures due to events
Road Closures and Detours – IGT Legs for Literacy
The City of Moncton wishes to advise the motoring public of delays or detours in the following areas due to the IGT Legs for Literacy Marathon happening in the city this weekend.
Detours and Closures for Saturday, October 20, 2018:
From 6 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Full street closure of Downing Street
From 9:45 a.m. until 11:30 a.m.
- Full closure of Assomption Boulevard from Downing Street to Westmorland Street
- Closure of all westbound lanes on Assomption Boulevard from Main Street to Mechanic Street (leaving controlled access via Mechanic Street)
Detours and closures for Sunday, October 21, 2018:
From 5 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Full closure of Canada Street from Main Street to Vaughan Harvey Boulevard
- *Please note that Canada Street, from Vaughan Harvey Boulevard to the back of the Avenir Centre, will be closed from 7:55 a.m. to 8:20 a.m. to accommodate the start of the race. Following the start of the race, controlled access will be given via Vaughan Harvey Boulevard as there are breaks in runners until the last runner has passed (approximately 9:30 a.m.).
- Closure of all eastbound lanes on Main Street from Vaughan Harvey Boulevard to Assomption Boulevard
- Full closure of Downing Street
- Runner will cross Assomption Boulevard at Downing Street and access the trail through Riverfront Park for the half and full marathons
From 5 a.m. until 11 a.m. (re-opening the street following the last runner)
- Closure of all westbound lanes on Assomption Boulevard from Main Street to Vaughan Harvey Boulevard (leaving controlled access to residents)
- Closure of one northbound lane of Vaughan Harvey Boulevard from Assomption Boulevard to Mountain Road
- Closure of southernmost eastbound lane of Mountain Road from Vaughan Harvey Boulevard to Cameron Street
- Full closure of Cameron Street from Mountain Road to St. George Street (leaving controlled access to residents)
- Full closure of St. George Street from Weldon Street to Vaughan Harvey Boulevard
The City apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause, and thanks residents and visitors for their collaboration. The City also invites everyone to come and cheer on the athletes!