Road closure on Main Street – Between Highfield Street and Lutz Street
MONCTON – The City of Moncton wishes to advise the motoring public that Main Street, between Highfield Street and Lutz Street, will be closed to through traffic from 6 a.m until approximately 4 p.m. on Friday, November 23, 2018, weather permitting.
This closure is necessary to install new lights on the CN subway structure. Detours will be in place and delays are to be expected in the area as traffic will be slowed.
The City apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciates the patience and cooperation of residents and the motoring public.
Street closures due to events
Street closures – Greater Moncton Santa Claus Parade
The Greater Moncton Santa Claus Parade will begin at 5 p.m. at the corner of Cameron and Main streets. Santa Claus is expected to pass by Moncton City Hall shortly after 6 p.m.
In addition to the holiday festivities, the Moncton Wildcats will take on the Drummondville Voltigeurs at 7:30pm at the Avenir Centre! Doors will open at 5:30pm for season ticket holders/club seats/suites, and at 6pm for general admission.
Street Closure Details (the closed streets will be reopened as the parade passes):
- From 1 p.m. until approximately 7 p.m., closure of Vaughan Harvey Blvd. from the Millennium Blvd./John St. intersection to the entrance of the Sobeys on Vaughan Harvey Blvd. leaving the intersections of Vaughan Harvey Blvd. open to traffic.
- From 3 p.m. until approximately 7 p.m., closure of the Vaughan Harvey Blvd./Main St. intersection.
- From 3 p.m. until approximately 7 p.m., closure of Main St. from Vaughan Harvey Blvd. to Cameron St.
- From 4 p.m. until approximately 7 p.m., closure of Main St. from Cameron St., and of Champlain Street (Dieppe), to Paul St.
- From 4:30 p.m. until approximately 7 p.m., closure of Downing Street.
Codiac Transpo Detours and Service Interruptions
The above-noted street closures will impact Codiac Transpo’s regular service. All customers should visit www.codiactranspo.ca for further details and to plan their trip.
Wondering about parking for the Santa Claus Parade and the Moncton Wildcats game?
- All City owned downtown parking lots and the garage will be open for free.
- Parking meters are free during weekends (parking meters on Main Street are not accessible to allow safe passage for the parade).
Check our website for our list of downtown parking: mybestoption.ca