Street closures due to events
Street Closures for Acadie Rock
The City of Moncton wishes to inform residents and downtown businesses of details surrounding the Wednesday evening Acadian Day parade (Tintamarre) and free outdoor concert on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 as part of the Acadie Rock Festival.
Concert Street Closure:
From 12 p.m. on Wednesday, August 15 until 3 a.m. on Thursday, August 16
- Closure of the west-bound lane of Assomption Boulevard from Main Street to Mechanic Street and from Downing Street to Westmorland Street, leaving the intersections Assomption/Mechanic and Assomption/Westmorland open.
- Closure of the east-bound lane of Assomption Boulevard from Lutz Street to Downing Street.
Parade Street Closure (Tintamarre): From 5:45 p.m. until approximately 6:45 p.m. on Wednesday, August 15 for progressive closure of the following parade route:
- Leave Sommet Park using southeast corner of park onto Botsford Street (at St. George Street intersection);
- Down Botsford Street;
- Turn left onto Main Street;
- Turn right onto Downing Street;
- Turn right onto Assomption Boulevard
- Enter event site at Riverfront Park.
These streets will only be closed as the parade approaches. The streets will reopen as the parade progresses.
Noise By-Law exemption:
A Noise By-Law exemption has been granted from 11 p.m. on Wednesday, August 15 until 1 a.m. on Thursday, August 16 for an evening concert at Riverfront Park.
The City of Moncton apologizes for any inconvenience these street closures may cause, and thanks residents and visitors for their collaboration. The City also invites everyone to come enjoy this great festival.