To create a positive and dynamic environment to be the best place to live and work.
To be the most vibrant community.
1. DOWNTOWN FUNDAMENTALS
Downtown Moncton is a safe, clean gathering place that attracts a lively mix of people through its appealing services, activities, architecture and urban spaces.
- Support and promote the implementation of the improvement plan for St. George Street.
- Collaborate with the City of Moncton to provide assistance in maintaining a clean downtown.
- Provide support to the City of Moncton to maintain the esthetics of the downtown.
- Promote the availability of accessible, affordable and convenient downtown parking.
- Partner and collaborate with Codiac RCMP and the City of Moncton to ensure that downtown Moncton is a safe place to work, shop, live, visit and invest.
2. DOWNTOWN GROWTH
Foster a positive investment climate and effective development strategies for the downtown.
- Support and promote the activities of the Mayor’s Downtown Revitalization Committee.
- Promote the advantages and importance of developing the downtown, investing in the downtown and the importance of downtown living focused on a target audience.
- Advocate for increased focus on the importance of downtown growth to the Province of NB, the City of Moncton and builders/developers.
- Promote and foster the development of the waterfront.
3. DOWNTOWN LIFE
Create and define the downtown experience.
- Promote cultural and leisure assets in the downtown.
- Support events and festivals in the BIA that promote and benefit downtown businesses and stakeholders.
- Advocate and support the creation of public art in the downtown.